5 favorite essential oils for cold and flu prevention + why they work:
- Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Contains terpinen-4-ol, a potent natural component for reducing germs
- Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia)
Rich in nourishing linalyl acetate, shown to calm stress and inflammation
- Eucalyptus Oil (Eucalyptus radiata)
Famous for high quantities of 1,8-cineole, which can help clear congestion
- Frankincense Oil (Boswellia carterii)
High in ɑ-pinene, known to reduce germs and soothe inflammation
- Green Mandarin Oil (Citrus reticulata)
Full of d-limonene, proven to support immunity and reduce germs
While these aren’t the only oils you can use to support your immune system / overall health during cold & flu season, but they are a great place to start.
Diffuse Blend 1:
Diffuse the following oils to help purify the air and reduce germs.
- 5 drops of frankincense oil
- 5 drops of green mandarin oil
Diffuser Blend 2:
- 6 drops Green Mandarin Oil (Citrus reticulata)
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Oil (Eucalyptus radiata)
- 5 drops Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Diffuse this blend periodically throughout the day to keep your energy and immunity strong.