Arborvitae (Thuja plicata)
Known as the “tree of life,” Arborvitae is majestic in size and abundant in unique benefits. With natural preservation properties, the essential oil from the native Canadian Arborvitae tree acts as a powerful cleansing and purifying agent.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and spray on surfaces or hands for a quick DIY cleaner.
- Apply to wrists and ankles while hiking. (acts as a natural repellent)
- Diffuse to purify the air and to repel insects inside the home.
- Mix 4 drops of Arborvitae essential oil and 2 drops of Lemon essential oil for a natural wood preservative and polish.
- Use during meditation for a sense of peace and calm.
- May help promote clear, healthy looking skin when applied topically
- Powerful cleansing and purifying agent
- Natural insect repellent and wood preservative
Woody, warm, earthy
Cleaning is a necessary step to ensure that oil residue doesn’t build up in your diffuser preventing it from working properly. Periodically, it is a good idea to run your diffuser through a cleaning cycle. If you use your unit every day, then running a cleaning cycle monthly is a good idea.
To do so, do the following:
- Fill your diffuser half way with clean water.
- Add 10 drops of white vinegar.
- Let the diffuser run for about 5 minutes to allow the water-vinegar mixture to disperse throughout the unit and clean it.
- Drain the diffuser completely.
- Using a cotton swab dipped in vinegar, clean the tight spots and corners of the diffuser.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe the diffuser and dry it thoroughly.
With cooler weather around us (I got 8 inches of snow in 2 days), a nice warm, and relaxing bath is what I enjoy on these cold evenings, or after playing in the snow.
Below are the ingredients and steps so you can make your own warm, natural based bubble bath. Enjoy!
- Combine castile soap, glycerin, and water into glass bowl.
- Add essential oils.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into glass container.
- To use, add ¼–½ cup of the essential oil bubble bath mixture to warm, running bath water.
I hope you had a lovely holiday and new year celebrations. We started off quiet at my house but got busy and exciting at New Years.
My apologies for not being here as much these past few weeks. A family member of mine had a stay at the hospital (they’re on the mend now) so that took up a lot of my time.
Couple things I wanted to share with you:
- I am launching a new wellness line called, Little Gifts of Goodness by Cove Essentials. It will feature bath salt blends with some lovely essential oils blends to help you unwind, detox, soothe and relax. I just started my Etsy shop which you can check out here: http://www.etsy.com/LittleShopoGoodness You can also follow the line on Instagram for sneak previews, specials and more, http://www.instagram.com/little.gifts.of.goodness
I hope everyone has had a good January so far (we’re almost halfway through!) and I am going to post a quick Lavender Bath Salt Recipe for you below. If you try it out, tell me what you think!
Quick Lavender DIY Bath Salt/Soak Recipe
- 1 cup of epsom salt
- 1/4 dead sea salt
- 1/4 cup of dried lavender flowers
- 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 1 mason jar (for storing)
- In the mason jar, add the above ingredients in order they’re listed.
- Close the mason jar lid securely, and give it a good shake/mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Add 2-4 scoops into your warm bath, let it dissolve and sit back and enjoy a soothing, detoxing and renewing bath.
I get asked this question a lot…Why Doterra???
Here’s WHY I Use Their Essential Oils:
– chemical free
– filler free
– FILLED WITH JUST THE GOOD STUFF ( lavender is actually lavender, peppermint is actually peppermint, lemon…you guessed it! is only from lemons…you see where I am going with this right?)
Let me lay out the details so you can appreciate how amazing a membership is.
Benefits of a Wholesale Membership
All purchases are 25% retail price for a year
Opportunity to earn 10%-30% of purchases back in free product (LRP)
Opportunity to get all shipping costs returned in store credit (LRP)
Enroll with me and get
Initial Education/Training through a Facebook Oil Camp – watch video tutorials, practice DIYs, ask questions and participate in Giveaways
There is NO obligation to sell with a Wholesale Membership
There is NO pressure to buy with a Wholesale Membership
You do not have to buy every month
Memberships are FREE with the purchase of an Enrollment Kit. The LRP program gives credit to members who purchase at least once a month. You can sign up for or cancel your LRP at anytime and there is no minimum purchase amount, meaning any purchase counts!
The Doterra culture is all about community. That means finding a place where you can learn, grow and belong.
If you want to get started with essential oils and would like to learn about my current promotions, message me.
All of my oil kits and memberships come with oil education, support, a welcome gift from me, an invite to my VIP members only oil page on Facebook, and an Oil Camp invite!
If you have any questions, or would like to join, feel free to message me, or comment below, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re like me, you’re probably tired from all the holiday hustle and bustle. I thought I would share with you a relaxing bath salt recipe to help you unwind and get ready for New Year’s celebrations.
1 drop of Bergamont
1 drop of Ylang Ylang
1/4 cup of Epsom Salts
Draw a warm bath and mix in the essential oils with the 1/4 cup of Epsom Salts. Add salt mixture to the bath and enjoy!