Depending on what essential oils you diffuse, they purify the air you breathe and freshen the space with oils infused to meet your needs, which can range from calming and promoting sleep, to waking and grounding the mind by reducing feelings of stress and anxious feelings. A grounded mind can have a profound impact on your level of creativity and innovation.
Learning how to clean your diffuser is important to ensure its longevity. If left for too long, essential oils or any leftover water can corrode and ruin your unit, and can also negatively affect your aromatic experience when there’s an array of essential oil residue in the diffuser….. imagine trying to diffuse Basil after diffusing Spikenard first!
To keep your diffuser in perfect running condition for years to come, clean your diffuser after each use by wiping it out and letting it dry before using it again. For a quick clean, it is a good idea to diffuse Lemon oil for a short time. This makes it easier to clean out any residue or water lines before you wipe it out. For diffusers that do not use water, make sure to rinse out the nozzle with tap water and then wipe it clean.
We also recommend that you deep clean your diffusers once a month or as needed. Do so by following these steps based on the type of diffuser you have:
I personally use, doTerra’s diffusers, as I have found they do a really great job releasing the oils into rooms of all shapes and sizes!
Here are a few tips below:
How to Deep-Clean an Ultrasonic Diffuser (for Aroma Lite, Lotus, Lumo, or Petal diffusers)
- Turn off your diffuser.
- Fill the water reservoir halfway to the line with clean water.
- Add 10 drops of pure white vinegar to the water reservoir.
- Turn it on and let run for 3-5 minutes, allowing the vinegar to disperse throughout.
- Drain the water reservoir completely.
- Dip a cotton swab in white vinegar and wipe down the edges of the water reservoir as well as the ultrasonic mist chip.
- Rinse the water reservoir with clean water.
- Wipe the reservoir with a dry cloth and let air dry before using it again.
How to Deep-Clean a Nebulizing Diffuser (for the Aroma-Ace diffuser)
- Completely submerse the quick-change top in rubbing alcohol for 30–60 minutes.
- Wipe clean with a dry cloth.
Keeping a clean diffuser allows for the best possible experience in using your doTERRA essential oils aromatically.
Making your own foaming hand soap is incredibly easy to make. You probably already have all the ingredients, too! You can use any empty foaming hand soap bottle you have laying around the house. Mix and match your favorite essential oils to create your own custom soap. The options are endless
- Pour castile soap and Fractionated Coconut Oil into bottle.
- Add essential oils.
- Slowly add water into bottle making sure to leave room for the foaming pump.
- Add lid, shake, and you are good to go!
- When ready to use, just pump one to two times into hands and wash with warm water.
Note: I used five drops of Peppermint Oil & five drops of Melaluca oil
Other Combination Suggestions:
- Lavender & Bergamont
- Wild Orange & Peppermint
- Bergamont, Lemon & Wild Orange
- Wild Orange, Patchouli, & Ginger
- Fir, Cedarwood, & Wild Orange
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 &3/4 cup of water
- 30 drops of On Guard Essential Oil
- glass spray bottle
- add ingredients to glass spray bottle one at a time.
- close spray bottle, give it a few gentle shakes and then begin spraying toys or desired area.
- you can either choose to let it air dry, or wipe down with a clean cloth.
To purchase On Guard Essential Oil, please visit the following link: