My apologies for not posting for awhile…
Tag: DIY Recipes
In Preparation for Back to School…..
I will be sharing some Essential Oil Diffuser Recipes, as well as Essential Oil Roller ones too. I will also be highlighting some Essential Oils and how they contribute to your overall health and fight germs this week.
Relaxing Bath Salt & Essential Oils Recipe
Use to unwind after a busy day or busy week…..
- 2 oz (56 g) pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) jojoba
- 2 drops Neroli/Petitgrain
- 2 drops Cedarwood
- 1 drop Tea Tree (Melaleuca)
Make this blend in a 2 oz (60 ml) jar.
Put the salt and jojoba into the jar, add the essential oils, and stir with a glass stirring rod or the handle of a stainless steel spoon.
Use the whole jar to help yourself relax in the tub after a long day. The essential oils and warm water help to work out any tension held in your muscles.
Be sure to towel off the tub when you’re done with your bath. This blend leaves the tub slippery, so be careful.
Aromatherapy Playdough Recipe
This is a fun recipe to make for the kids and is a great activity for children, a fun to learn about aromatherapy and essential oils. Use a variety of oils and colors to help kids learn new scents. Some fun essential oils could include:
Wild Orange, Peppermint, Lemon, Rosemary, or Lavender.
Personally, I love to use On Guard during the colder months of the year. https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/spotlight-doterra-on-guard-protective-blend
Have fun exploring!
2 cups flour
2 cups colored water
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 drops essential oils
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put over medium heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball.
Note: Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough.
- Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
- Once cool, add five drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
- You’re done! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.