For me, it’s Wild Orange hands down every time you ask me!
Not only do I love the smell of it, I love adding a couple of drops to my water, and diffusing it with other essential oils throughout the day….
- Wild Orange & Peppermint = pick me up
- Wild Orange & Serenity = blissful night sleep
Make sure to comment below what your favourite oil is as I’d love to hear from you.
Wild Orange Oil Description
With countless uses for the home, body, and mind, it is no wonder that Wild Orange essential oil
is one of the top selling essential oils. The refreshing, sweet scent of Wild Orange makes it popular for aromatic and topical use, while the citrus flavor of the oil can add extra zing to any beverage, appetizer, or entrée.
Fun Fact: Originating from Southeast Asia, oranges have been grown for centuries. In many cultures, orange trees are known as a symbol of love and marriage.
Wild Orange Oil Uses and Benefits
- Possibly one of the most distinct characteristics of Wild Orange essential oil is its powerful scent. The strong, sweet, citrus aroma of Wild Orange makes it useful for purifying the air, promoting and energizing an uplifting environment, or simply creating a pleasant smell in the home. To harness the purifying power and aroma of Wild Orange essential oil, place a few drops on your air filter at home. This will improve your home’s scent while simultaneously purifying the air.
- The purifying properties of Wild Orange essential oil are not only useful for cleansing the air, but you can also use the oil to cleanse surfaces around the home. Similar to Lemon essential oil, Wild Orange essential oil can be used to wipe down frequently used surfaces around the home when you want to cleanse and purify them. Not only is Wild Orange helpful for purifying your kitchen table, countertop, or anything your family might use frequently throughout the day, but it can also be useful when cleaning the bathroom. Put three drops of Wild Orange in your bathroom sink or bathtub drains to help dispel any unpleasant odors or grime. Be sure to let the oil evaporate before you run the water.
- Want to add the delicious taste of Wild Orange to your breakfast? We have the perfect recipes that will add a little zest to any morning when you might be feeling sluggish. If you are a fan of French toast, you will love this recipe for Wild Orange French Toast & Buttermilk Syrup. After experiencing the exciting twist on this classic recipe, you’ll never want to go back to eating plain French toast for breakfast. If you don’t have enough time to make French toast in the morning, you can make these Blueberry Wild Orange Muffins ahead of time and enjoy them all week! With other delicious flavors like cinnamon, blueberry, and coconut, these sweet little morsels will provide a peppy start to your day.
- While many people diffuse Wild Orange essential oil to purify the air, this oil can also help uplift mood and increase feelings of energy. At the beginning of a stress-filled day, consider diffusing Wild Orange essential oil to provide a revitalizing aroma that will help get you through any task. If you are feeling a lack of energy in the late afternoon or early evening, you can diffuse Wild Orange to help lift your mood and increase awareness.
- Another unique attribute of Wild Orange essential oil is its ability to polish wood furniture—a characteristic commonly found among citrus essential oils. You can easily make your own furniture polish at home by combining olive oil, vinegar, and Wild Orange essential oil into a spray bottle. This concoction will give life to old tables, chairs, or wood floors by getting rid of dust that often makes furniture look dull. Learn how to make this polish by following the instructions in our DIY Furniture Polishblog post.
- People love the invigorating, uplifting scent of Wild Orange essential oil. While the scent of Wild Orange can be enjoyed as you diffuse the oil, you can also apply Wild Orange oil topically to take advantage of its energizing properties. For an energizing boost, dispense one to two drops of Wild Orange essential oil in the palm of your hand along with equal parts Peppermint and Frankincense essential oils. Then, rub the combination on the back of your neck to maintain uplifting feelings. If you want to feel energized first thing in the morning, add a few drops of Wild Orange essential oil to your body wash for an invigorating shower.
- Wild Orange oil has the ability to support the immune system when needed most.* During cold weather months, consider adding one or two drops of Wild Orange essential oil to a capsule to help support a healthy immune system.* If you often drink tea, add a few drops of Wild Orange to your favorite tea when you want to support your immune system.* You can also simply add a drop of Wild Orange to a glass of water every day to add flavor and promote overall health.*
- Looking for ways to use Wild Orange essential oil topically? The fresh, sweet scent of Wild Orange essential oil makes it a pleasant addition to any homemade beauty products. Try making this DIY Whipped Body Butter the next time you want to add a little extra moisture to your skin. With ingredients like shae butter, coconut oil, Grapefruit essential oil, and Wild Orange essential oil, your skin will be smooth for days after you apply this citrus body butter. After you moisturize your skin, don’t forget to give your lips some TLC with this Orange Creamsicle Lip Balm that uses Wild Orange essential oil to give you a natural lip balm with a delicious flavor.
- While Wild Orange essential oil is a scrumptious addition to your breakfast, lunch, or dinner, it is also commonly used in beverages and smoothies. When making a smoothie, the possible combinations of fruit and essential oils are endless! Want a delicious smoothie that uses the sweet flavor of Wild Orange? Take a look at this Wild Tropical Smoothie that combines the lovely flavors of mangos, strawberries, and pineapples with the distinct taste of Wild Orange essential oil.
Links to Some Recipes to try cooking with it:
Blending Wild Orange with Other Essential Oils:
Not only does Wild Orange essential oil have unlimited uses for recipes, DIYs, and healthy living, but it also blends well with a wide variety of oils for diffusion. For a refreshing aroma, blend Wild Orange
, Douglas Fir
, or doTERRA Breathe®
. To instantly recreate the smells of autumn, consider blending Wild Orange
with warm, spicy essential oils like Cinnamon
, or Cedarwood
. When you want to invite the scents of spring into your home, blend Wild Orange
with citrus and floral oils like Lime
, Ylang Ylang
, and Citrus Bliss®
Just a few of the MANY reasons why to love Wild Orange 🙂