This is a fun recipe to make for the kids and is a great activity for children, a fun to learn about aromatherapy and essential oils. Use a variety of oils and colors to help kids learn new scents. Some fun essential oils could include:
Wild Orange, Peppermint, Lemon, Rosemary, or Lavender.
Personally, I love to use On Guard during the colder months of the year. https://www.doterra.com/US/en/blog/spotlight-doterra-on-guard-protective-blend
Have fun exploring!
2 cups flour
2 cups colored water
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
5 drops essential oils
- Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, in a large saucepan and stir until combined.
- Once combined, put over medium heat. Using a spatula, continue to stir ingredients together until it forms a ball.
Note: Don’t overcook as it will lead to dry play dough.
- Remove from heat and cool on parchment paper.
- Once cool, add five drops of your favorite essential oil and knead until thoroughly combined.
- You’re done! Just store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for months of fun.