Maybe it’s because my thermostat is currently broken and it’s cold out…waiting for more snow…that has me thinking about a nice warm bath.
So I wanted to share with you a DIY Bath Bomb Recipe for you to enjoy. Let me know what you think after you try it đź™‚
- 1/2 cup of baking soda
- 1/4 cup or arrowroot powder
- 1/4 cup epsom salt
- 1/4 citric acid
- 4 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 2 tsp. of water
- upto 40 drops of your favourite essential oils (singular or a combo) and depends on how fragrant you like things to be. *note* if using a combo, the total amount of drops shouldn’t go past 40 drops total (ie) 20 drops lavender & 20 drops chamomile
- bath bomb molds
Some Essential Oil Suggestions:
- Wild Orange & Peppermint
- Place the dry ingredients (baking soda, arrow root powder, Epsom salt and citric acid) in the mixing bowl. Stir with a whisk until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients (coconut oil, water and essential oil) slowly and stir with a whisk.
- When the mixture starts clumping up, itâ€™s time to press it into the bath bomb molds.
- Press it firmly into each mold until filled to the brim.
- Now let the mixture set in the molds for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove the hardened bath bombs out.
- Store them in a clean and dry plastic container for at least 24 hours before use.
An Example of a Blend/ Combo
Fresh Forest Blend:
- 15 drops rosemary
- 10 drops cedarwood
- 10 drops lavender
- 5 drops vetiver