Cleaning is a necessary step to ensure that oil residue doesn’t build up in your diffuser preventing it from working properly. Periodically, it is a good idea to run your diffuser through a cleaning cycle. If you use your unit every day, then running a cleaning cycle monthly is a good idea.
To do so, do the following:
- Fill your diffuser half way with clean water.
- Add 10 drops of white vinegar.
- Let the diffuser run for about 5 minutes to allow the water-vinegar mixture to disperse throughout the unit and clean it.
- Drain the diffuser completely.
- Using a cotton swab dipped in vinegar, clean the tight spots and corners of the diffuser.
- Rinse with clean water.
- Use a dry cloth to wipe the diffuser and dry it thoroughly.